woensdag 22 augustus 2012

Latest purchases!

Hello, dear readers!

It's been a while! I'm sad to say I've been a little uninspired lately when it comes to blogging. Many people use their blog to post pictures of themselves and their outfits and such, but I don't feel that comfortable with placing my face publicly on the internet too much. So I'm searching a bit for what I want to blog about, and what would be interesting for people to read about. Suggestions are welcome!

I did, however, create a simple watermark for my pictures, and I'll soon change the header of my blog! I want to bring some new life into this place.

That said, I wanted to show you my latest purchases. I've been shopping online at Zara.com, and stumbled upon some lovely sale items! I just had to place an order. I found a lovely blouse, and an awesome jacket. The items arrived yesterday, and I'm very happy with both of them! They had a massive discount, so they were a bargain!

I'd like to show you the blouse first. It's a very sheer and airy necktie blouse, which is very elegant and sophisticated. I wore it with my Moi-même-Moitié jeweled cross pendant, to give it an EGA inspired look. I really like how the blouse can be worn in either a dressy, or a casual way!


I only noticed after purchasing that the blouse is made out of mulberry silk. I'm not a very big fan of silk, which I mentioned in my previous post, but it does feel very soft and luxurious. I'll pay more attention to it the next time I order at Zara, though.

Next up is the jacket! I try to add more colour into my wardrobe, and when I saw this jacket I knew I had to buy it. Selecting a size was a bit troublesome, because Zara jackets tend to run small. But I decided to order it in my own size regardless, and thankfully it fits perfectly! Definitely wouldn't need a bigger size for this one.


I'm very happy with it, and I love the studs! The material is a very nice cotton and linen blend, and the color is a very bold red with an orange hue. I absolutely love it, and what I love even more is that it was discounted from €69,95 to €14,95!

I'm still searching for my own fashion style, because I like so many different things. I think this post really shows the two opposite sides of what I like. A studded biker jacket and a silk bowtie blouse? Two very different things, yet they perfectly suit my taste.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Love the blouse and jacket ♥ You always have such wonderfull purchases. The blouse is very elegant, and the jacket is looks so cool with the studs. I love studs! These two items are very much the opposite of each other ^^

    You also made a nice watermark for your pictures. I look forward to see your new header. I also nee to make a new one, because on my current header it still says Niesje7002 :p It's actually on my to-do-list, but I'm clueless about what I want.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like them, since you always have a great taste yourself! ^^
      I'm obsessed with studs lately, and I really feel comfortable in outfits with a bit of a rock-inspired look. But at the same time I also like classy clothes, such as this blouse and skirts, and of course I'm also still in love with lolita fashion... but I suppose that's what makes fashion so fun, you can wear whatever style you like!

      I have no idea what I'd like for my banner, either. I'm never fully satisfied, I keep changing the name of my blog and stuff XD
      I hope you'll be able to figure out a nice banner for your blog! ♥

      Verwijderen
  2. First of all, nice watermark. It looks very classy and elegant.

    And I love both items you baught! They look really great on you! :D And it is always fun to see how diverse someone's style can be, but even though they are very different in style, they still both suit you. :)

    I'm looking to see your future posts and header! ^_^
    (which reminds me that I still need to make a new layout for my blog; I'm bored of my current one and feel that it doesn't really fit me anymore. XD)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like the watermark! I'll use the same font for my header, but first I'll have to figure out what I'd like my header to look like XD

      I'm happy to hear you like the items, and that you think they suit me! I'll have to get used to the bold color of the jacket, because I rarely wear something so bright... but I love it! I must say your outfits often inspire me, you wear them so well! It makes me want to be more like myself, and to wear what I want to wear regardless of what other people might think ^^

      I like your current header, but I understand that it doesn't really suit you anymore. I think a new header which suits you better would be refreshing! ^^

      Verwijderen
  3. Your purchases are very beautiful, I love Zara! The blouse can be used really well for EGA and EGL outfits, however as you said, casual styling is also possible with it. I like how it looks when worn with the Moitié pendant!
    Your red jacket is very lovely as well, it has such a lovely punk vibe to it because of the studs :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen