maandag 15 oktober 2012

Today's look

Hello readers,

The other day I read an article, which had some tips on how to help yourself to feel more happy. Autumn has arrived, the days are getting shorter, it's cold and rainy... it often affects people when summer is over, and when we're slowly moving on to winter.

So I decided to share this tip with you, because I'm definitely willing to try it! Research has proven that when people feel down, they often don't spend much time on their appearance, because they don't feel like it. But, when you do spend time on your appearance, you feel better and more confident about yourself! It can make your day a little brighter.

You can spend time on your entire outfit, or just a small detail. Wear your favorite necklace, for example. Or wear your most beautiful dress with your favorite pair of heels. Or you could simply spend some extra time on fun makeup. Even a bit of your favorite perfume would do!
It really helps when you wear something which makes you feel good, even on those days when you feel like doing absolutely nothing.

Today, I decided to spend some extra time on my makeup. I've been really lazy lately when it comes to doing my makeup. I usually pick a natural color eyeshadow, some mascara, and that's it.

I decided to try out a look I saw in a magazine not too long ago, but I made it a little more suitable for daily wear.

The products I used are:

Yellow: Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio 02 Or Baroque
Green: L'Oréal Paris Quad Pro 360 Kaki Taupe
Purple: Sephora Midnight Kiss N° 34

Mascara: Chanel Inimitable Intense 10 Noir
Eyebrow pencil: Rimmel London 001 Dark Brown
Concealer: Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer 1 Light
Foundation: Diorskin Nude 010 Ivory
Powder: Clinique Blended Face Powder 20 Invisible blend
Blush: L'Oréal Paris Le Blush 115 True Rose


Here's the complete look. I decided to keep everything besides my eyes natural, because too much is never good. I like the way I look on the photo, even if it took some retouching. Because believe it or not, I have a huge red spot on my nose. Very charming, right? Thank God for concealer and Photoshop!


I hope you like today's look. What kind of makeup, clothing or accessory would you wear if you'd want to cheer yourself up?

Lastly, I would like to change my banner, but I have no idea how I would like it to look... suggestions are welcome!

Love, Nonette


5 opmerkingen:

  1. Your eye make-up looks really pretty!<3 When I want to cheer myself up, I always wear a fun hairstyle, like braids :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you, I'm glad you like it!
    Wearing your hair in a nice way seems like a great idea as well ^^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow, I love how you did your eyes ♥ The colors suit well together. And I like how your eye looks like, with a little bit of brown around the pupil. (I'm always fascinating how other people's eyes look like).

    To cheer myself up I would wear my favourite ring combined with a necklace. And, listening to my favourite songs also helps alot ^^

    For me it's always difficult to come up with an idea for a banner. But I love your current cover photo on facebook, with a horse ♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Your eye make up is amazing, your technique is really good to apply the eye shadow on your eyes. your eyes is really looking so gorgeous. Your color combination was good. Keep shearing with us....


    Whiite

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen