zondag 18 september 2011

Frills or Manes?

Okay, so I thought I'd be motivated to write about lolita fashion again, but it seems I'm not that much into it anymore. I do still like the fashion a lot, but I don't care for it on a daily basis. There used to be a time when I'd feel special or like a princess in lolita, but I think I've grown past that. By now, it's just clothing to me. Very pretty and expensive clothing, which I only wear for special occasions.

Lolita fashion isn't the thing that makes the world a better place for me anymore. What really makes me happy, are animals. Particularly horses. When I ride a horse, nothing else exists that moment. Just me and the horse, even if we're surrounded by other people. While in lolita, all I worry about is the other people. "What would they think of me, what will they say behind my back?"

Generally, I'm not exactly a people person. I distrust people. And I believe that's what I like so much about animals: they have a pure heart, they're always honest. They won't ever pretend to like you, they will either like you or they won't. And they will show it to you, they will never hide the way they feel about you. And if you do something they don't like, they will let you know. But if you treat them correctly and with love and respect, they will give you so much back in return.

I suppose you could say that my world is about animals. And it's my dream to someday mean something to them. I would love to someday start a barn for old or mistreated horses. For horses who just need a place to spend their old days, and for horses who need to recover. I think that is my dream.

One of the earliest pictures I have of myself with a pony

The last photo taken of me with a horse

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I like your dream, that would be perfect for you, since you love horses that much ^^ ♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Animals are indeed very nice and also very honest. And I must say I also prefer the company of my dog instead of people. So many people are so two faced; they act nice in front of you but when you turn your back you'll never know what they think/say about you. :/
    And my dog is just herself all the time, no fakeness. ^_^ And I can be totally myself around my dog too.

    I must admit that I don't have much with horses. When I was a child I really loved horses and wanted to learn how to ride them, but I was never allowed (because it was too expensive and dangerous). And when I got older, I did some voluntary work for a short time at a riding school (mostly cleaning stables and brushing horses). But after that my love for horses went away: next to them they are soo big! O__O I was a bit scared and nervous and they could definately feel that too.

    So I really hope that your dream for old and mistreated horses will come true! It sounds like a really beautiful one! ^_^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thank you, Niesje! ^^

    @ VelvetBat - Exactly! You can always trust animals to be honest, and I wish people would be more like that, too. It's not always nice when they let you know they don't like you (not so long ago a horse tried to bite me multiple times), but I'd rather have that than them pretending to like me while they actually don't.
    Besides, I don't blame the horse for it. I know I can be quite insecure, and when a horse notices that, they don't feel safe around you because you don't appear as a good leader. So by being so honest, they even teach me something about myself.

    It's a shame you never were allowed to learn to ride horse! My entire childhood was based around horses, I have no idea what it would've been like without them!

    I must say that after a few accidents which happened not too long ago, I also became a little scared. But I'm working very hard to get over that fear, and I'm already making progress! I got started with riding a very cute pony, because I didn't dare to ride big horses anymore after a bad fall, but now I dare to ride tall horses again without being so scared ^^

    And thank you! Horses have been so important in my life. It only seems right to do something in return for them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen