maandag 16 april 2012

L'Oréal Paris: déteste ou l'amour?

Hello everyone,

Last Friday my local drugstore had a special offer, buy one and get one for free on all make-up! Me being the make-up addict I am, I of course couldn't resist.
I bought two L'Oréal Paris products, and decided to write a little review! Might provide a picture later on of me wearing them. My skin looks quite disastrous at the moment, so I didn't want to photograph myself.

Anyhow, I needed a new liquid eyeliner, so I decided on the L'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim.

What it claims:
"Superliner is a liquid eyeliner in a special sponge tipped pen for the creation of fine lines or thick, sultry flicks. Colour is applied with precision and ease and dries without smudging."

What it does:
The sponge tip indeed makes it very easy to apply, and you can make the lines as thin or thick as you wish. It's also perfect for a winged liner look. It looks amazing when just applied, it's a beautiful intense black.

However, this liner smudged. A lot. By the end of the day I looked like a panda bear, and I didn't even apply it to my lower lashline. This product has to be one of the most smudgy eyeliners I have ever used!

Conclusion:
Great application, but the lasting power is very disappointing. I will not repurchase, and I'm not even sure if I should continue to use it, or if I should just bin it.


Next up, the L'Oréal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in #01 Fashionista Pink!

What it claims:
"Don't just stroke your lips, Caresse them. Lips say yes to this Caresse. A flutter of kissably soft light-weight feeling colour. Its delicate texture glides onto lips creating a veil of colour with a lumious shine."

What it does:
First of all, the colour is gorgeous! It's a very delicate soft pink with a blue undertone. I really love it, even though it may not exactly be the best colour for my skintone.

The texture is very creamy, and it takes a few layers before the colour shows up on your lips. It's very subtle. Which I personally like, I'm not a big fan of very heavy lipsticks. I think you could say this is somewhere in between a lipstick and lipgloss.

The lasting power isn't all that great, because of the creamy and liquid-y texture, it fades quickly. But it does feel nice on the lips, and definitely keeps them moisturized! I think it's a matter of personal taste whether you'll like this or not. If you're looking for fashionable but subtle colours, I'd say: give this lipstick a try!

Conclusion:
I'm very happy with this lipstick, and now I want to buy it in more colours! I like how subtle and moisturizing it is. The only downside to it is the staying power, but it's so nice and creamy to apply that I don't mind.


Have you tried any of the newly released L'Oréal Paris products?

1 opmerking:

  1. Too bad about the liquid eyeliner!
    The lipstick looks lovely, such a fresh color. ^^ And its good that you like it and that it has been a good purchase.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen