vrijdag 13 april 2012

Most treasured lolita items

Since I saw others posting about their most treasured lolita pieces, I decided to do the same. I believe Josine was the one who originally created this idea, her blog is right here!
I don't wear lolita fashion often anymore, but the clothes are still valuable to me. So here it goes!


† My first lolita piece

My very first lolita dress was a simple Baby the Stars Shine Bright jumperskirt. It wasn't completely my style, but at that time I couldn't afford dresses from brands I really liked, such as Moi-même-Moitié or Alice and the Pirates. Still, I wore it a lot, and I liked how cute and doll-like it looked.
Later on it became my dress-I-don't-mind-getting-dirty-or-damaged, so I wore it a lot to concerts. I now don't wear it anymore, but I'm also not sure if I really want to sell it or not. First lolita dresses are always special!

The photo is quite terrible, but I don't have anything better.



† My most beautiful lolita piece

I don't own this dress anymore by now, but it was the most beautiful dress I ever owned in my entire life: the St. Peter's Reversed Cross Lace OP from Moi-même-Moitié. I bought it new with tags, and wore it only a couple of times to meetups or for photo's. I was always afraid to dirty or damage it, and later on it made me feel too dressed up, so I didn't wear it anymore. As gorgeous as the dress was, I decided to let it go in the end, because I hadn't worn it for 2 years. A beautiful dress like this is supposed to be worn! I sold it to a friend, who looks truly gorgeous in it.



† Most used lolita piece

I'm not quite sure, but I think it has to be my black Moi-même-Moitié cutsew! On its own the fit is awful, it's way too short for me, yet too wide in the waist area. But I always wear it under my JSK's, and I really like the way it looks when worn like that! It still is my favorite cutsew to wear under JSK's. I never liked blouses.



† Most comfortable lolita piece

Well... my opinion is that lolita clothes aren't comfortable. Period. But if I had to choose, I think I'd choose my Metamorphose bloomers. Back when I still wore lolita quite regularly, I used to take off my skirt and petticoat when I got home, and just walk around in my bloomers for the rest of the day at home.

This is the best photo I got of my bloomers. You can see its lace sticking out from under my petticoat. I like this unintentional Marilyn Monroe photo, it was a fun day! (Denise, let me know if you're okay with this photo on my blog!)



† Lolita piece with the most emotional value

This will have to be my Moi-même-Moitié Blue Jeweled Cross necklace! I had been wanting it forever, and it does have a special meaning for me, but I'll keep that for myself. It's really beautiful and even though I don't wear it a lot, I love it to bits. I often just like to look at it and see how it sparkles.



† My most expensive lolita piece

Without a doubt: My Moi-même-Moitié Holy Queen print JSK. I spent ages looking for it, as it was my dream dress. In the end a friend in Japan managed to get it for me at Closet Child, but the price was quite high and the exchange rate horrible. Nevertheless, I never regret it. It's my most beautiful and favorite dress now, and the color and print are gorgeous <3


3 opmerkingen:

  1. Aww that photo of us is just priceless, I always have to laugh when I see this ♥

    Your Moitié necklace is so wonderfull! I can imagine it has the most emotional value when you have been wanting it for such a long time. I can still remember how happy you were when you got it ^^

    And you look gorgeos in the last photo ♥♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. The photo always makes me smile as well! I'd love to meet again sometime.

      The necklace is really valuable to me. I still can't believe the amount of money I paid for it, but I indeed was and still am very happy with it ^^

      Thank you so much, sweet Damiën! <3

      Verwijderen
  2. Wieh, I just noticed your blog again, after I lost the link!
    So sweet that you linked my blog, thank you!<3

    You truly have amazing lolita pieces, the Holy Queen JSK is an absolute dream!<3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen