zondag 10 maart 2013

Shopping Ban!

Like many people -especially women- I have a shopping addiction. When I'm bored, I go shopping. When I feel sad, I go shopping. But I also often go shopping for no apparent reason, or just because I want to buy something. And it doesn't matter whether it's online, or in local stores. I just have to shop!

My current obsession: black/white dresses
Whenever there's something I really want to have, I can only resist it for so long. It keeps popping up in my head, until I finally decide to buy it. And then -of course- I get buyer's remorse. Usually because it was something I didn't need, or because it was more expensive than I can afford.

I did one online order again next week, because I couldn't resist. Heavily discounted shoes, a cardigan, and a black/white dress. All very nice, but I do feel quite guilty! So I decided that this should be my last order in a while. Hence the title: Shopping ban!

I'm going to ban myself from shopping for 2 weeks. I will allow myself to go to the shopping mall or to visit online shops, but I'm not allowed to buy anything. And no excuses! No things such as: "I had a bad day so this purchase doesn't count".


The only things which will be excluded, will be:

  • Groceries (naturally)
  • Personal hygiene (shampoo, shaving accessories, toothpaste, etc)
  • Daily make-up (foundation, powder, blush, mascara)

If I manage to keep up with it for the upcoming two weeks, I'll reward myself by buying something. Just something nice for myself, such as a cute top, or a nice lipstick. And then I'll set another shopping ban for myself.

So let's see how this will turn out!

How about you?
Do you also have a shopping addiction?


Love,
Nonette

1 opmerking:

  1. I hope you will manage!
    I do have the same problem as you though, I'm too addicted to shopping, no matter wether it's online/offline, and no matter what, as long as I can spend money.

    Will you show what you have ordered?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen